- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of environmental hazards’ potential and impacts; mapping, zonation and microzonation;
- Vulnerability and risk assessment of built environment, urban areas, physical and social lifeline and utility systems; mapping, zonation and microzonation;
- Qualitative and quantitative hazard, vulnerability and risk analysis for insurance and reinsurance;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of socio-economic impacts of disasters, search and rescue engineering measures and operative procedures;
- Post disaster damage and loss assessment, planning of measures for disaster revitalization, rehabilitation and re-development;
- Planning of risk reduction measures, preparedness planning and emergency management measures;
- In situ determination of fundamental dynamic characteristics of structures (ambient vibrations) and soil deposits (microtremor), non-invasive in-situ investigations and assessment of quality of built-in materials, structural capacity and deformability characteristics, diagnosis of existing conditions, defectology and safety margins for reliable exploitation.